Friday, October 12, 2012

What Do The Numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 Mean?

Do you remember the sequence fad with the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42? Everyone was trying to figure out what these were all about. Apparently these numbers were etched on a rock below the water line, which was shown on a Reality Television show, yet that did not stop people from trying to determine what those numbers really meant.

At the height of this craze I wrote an article about this fad and this number sequence;

http://www.ezinearticles.com/?4-8-15-16-23-42,-What-Comes-Next?&id=114966

Now we see a year later this fad has still got people talking and trying to figure it all out and then today I received this email about this sequence number;

I wonder if I can bother you with an odd question, I recently ran across your article 4 8 15 16 23 42, What Comes Next? on several websites. Ive read it many times, but have been unable to understand the pattern, or find any information relating to it online, but I would be grateful if you could explain a littl e more of this to me.

My article takes a pyramid and takes with inverted triangles inside and puts the numbers at each point and the numbers actually work out, except for the numbers you cannot know, so I guessed at those to a safe reasonable proximity or potential eventuality without admitting any plausible deniability of the truth that cannot be known with additional data.

I took the numbers and reversed them, put them in stacked equations, number of endings on each numeral, inverses, square roots, all sorts of stuff. Probably need a better scientific calculator and could play around with it for hours. Perhaps you can play around with this and have some fun? Consider this in 2006.

Lance Winslow


Author:: Lance Winslow
Keywords:: What Do The Numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 Mean,numeric sequencing,numeric puzzles,Numerals
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment