Sunday, May 13, 2012

Television the Toad and Demi Moore

I learned on one of the news channels that there were problems ahead created by HD Television for Television performers with warts, moles, or other skin blemishes. Demi Moore was mentioned. I suppose that meant that if they show a Demi Moore movie with HD Television she might show a blemish sending her zillion fans a running.

Demi has spent some time here in Idaho (having investments here and a failed marriage). From what I hear first hand, she is absolutely stunning even under close scrutiny when she dances in that joint up in Sun Valley. Do you really think her fans will care?

The shop owners in Ketchum can hardly wait for her to come into their stores to buy a button (which she collects), or a claw hammer. The men merchants are all in love with her. I dont think she has any HD problems. One said to me, She's my little sweatheart. He said it like he believed it and that it was true. (That can't be true. Demi wouldn't do that to me, would she? I wish she'd sta y away from that kid!)

Whoever thinks that Hollywood cant hide a Demi Moore blemish thinks that Kangaroos thrive in the mountains of Greenland.

A Television ad flashes a toad on my old Television screen. First, the toad had no color. Then they show me what it would be like if I just had a HD Television set. It is gorgeous; just full of color. I ask my wife, If that toad appears like that on my old Television, why do I need HD Television?

You dont! is what she said.

I explained to my wife that it would make a difference if we had a 50-inch Television set. I told her they had a nice one on sale down at Costco.

She said, Just pull your chair up closer. Same difference!

How do you argue with such logic?

My dad use to say when Television came out, Im going to wait until they get it perfected. We had no Television at out house. Sometime after the Korean War he bought one obviously long before it was perfected and long after we kids were go ne.

We have three Televisions in our home and if you can find anything worthwhile to watch other than The Daily Show staring Jon Stewart, Ill give you all three of them.

Of course, Im just kidding.

We must have our Televisions to watch Antique Road Show, Outdoor Idaho, Lawrence Welk, Red Green, Are You Being Served, Last of the Summer Wine and anything British, scientific, historic or truly funny.

That pretty well excludes anything made on a Hollywood sound stage after the Vietnam War (which made everything pretty darned unfunny).

For financial reasons I have decided to follow my Dads advice and wait for HD Television to get perfected. That will be when Michael Dell announces to me that he has brought the price of a 50-inch model down from a zillion dollars to $395.00.

I can wait, Mike!

CopyrightJohn T. Jones, Ph.D.2005

John T. Jones, Ph.D. (tjbooks@hotmail.com)is a retired R&D engineer and VP of a Fortune 500 company. He is author of detective & western novels, nonfiction (business, scientific, engineering), poetry, etc. Former editor of international trade magazine. Jones is Executive Representative of International Wealth Success.

More info: http://www.tjbooks.com

Business web site: http://www.bookfindhelp.com (IWS wealth-success books and kits and business newsletters / TopFlight flagpoles)


Author:: John T Jones, Ph.D.
Keywords:: HD, Television, Demi Moore, TV Shows, Idaho, Sun Valley, Humor, Taylor Jones, Michael Dell, Dell
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment