Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rob Zombie Strikes Deal to Direct Produce and Write "Halloween" Remake!

Well color me totally wrong for my theory in yesterday's Halloween story, where I mentioned that I didn't think Rob Zombie directing a new Halloween film meant we'd be seeing a remake. Rob Zombie recently confirmed on his official My Space blog, that the new Halloween film which he will be writing, producing, and directing will indeed be a remake.

From Rob Zombie's Official MySpace...

Okay here's the real deal for those of you who are confused. As I said yesterday - I am not making Halloween 9. That series is done, complete, over.

But what I am doing is starting totally from from scratch. This the new HALLOWEEN. Call it a remake, an update, a reimaging or whatever, but one thing that for sure is this is a whole new start... a new beginning with no connection to the other series. That is exactly why the project appeals to me. I can take it and run with it.

I talked to John Carpenter about this the other day and he said, Go for it, Rob. Make it your o wn. And that's exactly what I intend to do.

So that's that, it looks like we have a Halloween remake on the way next year. I don't know who I'm more disappointed in for doing this, but I think it's Rob Zombie. I know Dimension will do anything to make a buck (The non-stop Hellraiser sequels are proof of that) but for a guy who's a fan of horror, how can you possibly agree to remaking a classic like Halloween? Especially since it's what a majority of horror fans would call a damn near flawless horror film? I don't know about you guys, but I for one am not happy about this news at all.

Nikki Jones at Horror Movies & stuff Horror Movies &stuff


Author:: Nikki Jones
Keywords:: Horror Movies, Halloween, Rob Zombie,Halloween 9, Horror, Halloween Remake
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment